- Angle: The direction at which a puck is aimed or deflected during a shuffleboard shot.
- Bed: The playing surface of a shuffleboard table where the pucks are slid.
- Block: A strategic shot where a player intentionally places a puck in a position to impede their opponent's scoring opportunities.
- Bumper: The barrier or cushion that surrounds the playing surface of a shuffleboard table, preventing pucks from falling off.
- Curl: The slight curve that a shuffleboard puck may take when sliding along the table due to the unevenness of the playing surface.
- Disc: Another term for a shuffleboard puck.
- Foul Line: The line that players must release their pucks from during a shuffleboard shot.
- Hammer: The last shot in a round or frame of shuffleboard.
- Hammer Advantage: The term used when a player has the last shot in a round, which can provide a strategic advantage.
- Lag: The first shot of a shuffleboard game, used to determine who gets the hammer advantage.
- Marker: A disc or puck used to indicate the current scoring position on the board during a game.
- Shuffleboard: The name of the game itself, played on a long, smooth table with pucks.
- Shuffleboard Table: The playing surface specifically designed for the game, typically made of wood or synthetic materials.
- Shooting Cue: A stick or rod used to push or slide the shuffleboard puck along the playing surface.
- Speed Powder: A fine powder or wax applied to the playing surface to reduce friction and increase the speed of the pucks.
- St. Pete: A shot where the puck is pushed with enough force to reach the scoring area without touching the opposing end of the table.
- Strategy: The plan or approach a player uses to outscore their opponent, considering factors such as placement, blocking, and shot selection.
- Weight: The force or momentum applied to the puck during a shot, influencing how far it travels.
- Wicket: A term used to describe a narrow opening between two pucks, making it challenging for opponents to score in that area.
- Zone: A specific area on the shuffleboard table where players aim to place their pucks for maximum scoring potential.